Cancer care is complex, prolonged and intense — both for the patient and the physician. It needs concerted, coordinated and precise planning to ensure the best outcomes. The surgical oncology team at CHL Hospitals is known for its performance of all kinds of complex onco-surgery procedures including abdominal cancer. We perform Conservative onco-surgery for carcinoma breast, urological cancer, gynaec cancer, head & neck cancer and complex thoracic (Lung/Foodpipe) cancer surgeries with mini thoracotomy (small incision). The facility also has a Multimodality tumor board.
The Centre has also been recognized as the pioneer in central India to start peritoneal surface malignancy program & HIPEC and has now successfully performed many complex procedures.
• Oncoplastic breast cancer surgeries
• Conservative Laryngeal Surgeries
• Thoracic tumor resections
• Maximum number of submental flaps for head & neck reconstruction
• HIPEC procedures for advanced abdominal cancer
• We use case appropriate energy devices during surgeries like bipolar scissors for lymphadenectomy near
initial structures like blood vessels and nerves, minimizing damage to these structures.
• HIPEC machine (only centre in central India) for complex cytoreductive surgeries, targeting microscopic disease.
• Minithoracotomy and light assisted procedures for lung and food pipe cancer surgeries, which helps in
reducing pain post-operatively.